Let us introduce you to an all-time favorite recipe from our household.
This healthy, delicious and creamy soup is frequently made in our house and everyone (kids and adults) love it. It may take a bit of time to make this soup, but it definitely does not take time to finish it off.
Note: we recommend giving this soup to babies who are 10 months and above
Nutritional benefits of tomatoes for babies:
Loaded with vitamin C:
Tomatoes are an amazing source of Vitamin C. It can take care of a large of your baby’s daily Vitamin C requirement.
Build immune system:
Tomatoes helps your LO build their immune system and strengthen their development process
Rich source of antioxidants:
Tomatoes contain lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant. It helps protect your baby’s body (and yours) from the damages caused by free radicals. Free radicals can cause a lot of cellular and DNA damage. Antioxidants such as tomatoes helps neutralize this.
Source of Vitamin A:
Tomatoes are also a good source of Vitamin A, which is excellent for the development of your baby’s eyes.
Tomatoes are extremely juicy and an average tomato is made up of 94% of water. Hence, it is extremely hydrating for the body and is also a good solution constipated tummies.
Tomato Soup for Babies and Toddlers
Why this tomato soup?
- It is a nutritious soup which includes ingredients good for you baby. It is a low-salt, zero-sugar recipe which is perfect for your babies
- It is extremely easy to make and can be used as an excellent evening meal option
- It is great for babies and kids who may have dietary restrictions
Clean the tomatoes and make a slit at the bottom of each tomato
Place it in a cooker with about half cup water, garlic, a pinch of turmeric, a pinch of hing and salt
Cook it for 5-6 whistles
Turn off the gas and let the steam release on its own
Peel the tomatoes
Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth
You can strain the mixture or use it as is
In a pan add a little butter or ghee and splutter some jeera/cumin seeds in it (optional)
Add the tomato mix to this and let it simmer for 1 minute
Add finely chopped coriander leaves and turn the gas off
- You can either use a hand blender or a mixie to puree the tomato, you can also use a hand mashed and mash everything and then strain it
- If using butter, it will already have salt in it, so adjust the quantity of salt accordingly
- Make sure your baby has been individually given all the ingredients before and he/she is not allergic to any of it
- Always follow a 3-day rule when introducing a new food to your baby
Nutritional benefits of the ingredients
Tomatoes: rich source of vitamin C and A & an excellent anti-oxidant
Garlic: builds the immune system and is an excellent source of vitamins B6, C, and calcium
Coriander leaves: supports bone and eye health
Hing: helps relieve gas, flatulence and colic
Turmeric: anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-allergic
Did you like this recipe? Do you want to see more of these recipes, which are easy to make?
Let us know in the comments below.
Also, do you have any homemade recipes that you would like to share with our readers? We would love to publish them on our blog!
Create your account on our website and start submitting.