Simple Homemade Hair Loss Oil
Postpartum hair loss is a nightmare! I am sure most of you mommies out there will agree with me. For the first couple of months after my delivery, my hair behaved so well. Manageable without becoming a tangled mess, even though I did not wash it very often. No hair fall at all. I was so relieved. I thought I was so lucky – everyone complained of postpartum hair loss, and here I was with a head full of glorious hair and no sign of hair loss at all. Life was good. Until the third month started.
Once I hit the third month mark post-delivery, I started noticing some hair fall. It did not alarm me yet. I still wasn’t washing my hair much, because I have very thick hair, and it takes forever to dry it out, even with a hair dryer. And, I definitely did not have the luxury of time, because I had no idea when my baby would need a feeding. So, the initial hair fall did not bother me, not until I started losing hair by the fistfuls.
I would run my fingers through my hair and come out with a handful of hair. I would brush my hair and the ground near me would be filled with heaps of hair. There was hair everywhere in my house – on my bed, on my baby, in the shower, on me! It was terrible. I could see my hair line receding from my forehead and my hair started thinning out visibly. I was so upset – my hair had always been my crowning glory and now this…
I still did not have the luxury of time, so using hair masks and or lengthy hair loss remedies were of no use to me. I needed something that would make my hair roots strong, and eventually help my hair to grow back.
After a lot of online research and talking to other new mommies about what they used, I came up with this heavenly oil concoction. It includes everything that your hair needs and the results are amazing. I used it once a week and it made a huge difference – my hair fall reduced considerably, thereby signifying my roots were becoming stronger and the quality of my hair improved as well. Over time, this oil has become a staple part of my hair care regime.
Here’s what you will need to make this concoction
1 tbsp. Kalonji seeds/Nigella seeds
1 tbsp. Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds
500 ml. Coconut oil
Half an onion
A glass bottle
- Crush the methi and kalonji seeds into a coarse powder and transfer it to a glass bottle
- Boil the coconut oil along with the onion for about 6-7 minutes
- Discard the onion and cool the oil for a minute. We need the oil to remain hot, though, so do not cool it down.
- Add this oil to the powder, give it a good shake and let it infuse for some time.
- Keep this oil in your balcony or near a window to make sure it gets some sunlight every day. Give it a good shake every day.
- You can substitute the coconut oil with any oil of your choice, however, I find coconut oil to give the best results.
- New hair growth can only be possible if your hair roots haven’t died yet.
- This is not a medicated treatment for hair loss.
- Results may vary from person to person and consult a doctor before usage.